Toddler Sense, the Toddler Adventure Play programme.
Toddler Sense is a multi-award winning activity programme, which introduces children aged 13 months to 4 years-old, to a whole new world of adventure after Baby Sensory. The activities are designed to keep toddlers and children busy, active, and stimulated by offering them a magical, multi-adventure experience in a safe and happy environment.
The aims of Toddler Sense are:
- to promote a positive attitude to exercise
- to keep children mentally alert
- to develop imagination and creativity
- to promote social and emotional development
- to enhance language and communication skills
- to gain a basic understanding of mathematics
- to develop an understanding of the world in a fun and energetic way.
What makes Toddler Sense Special?
Each week introduces fresh new ideas and an action-packed adventure. There is always something new and exciting to look forward to. After each session, everyone buzzes with energy and enthusiasm having had a huge amount of fun. The end result is a great sense of well-being and achievement!
Children join classes designed for their age and stage of development as follows:
- New Explorers (13 months - 20 months)
- Adventurers (20 months - 3 years)
- Rangers (3 years - 4 years)
New Explorers: As toddlers grow and become more independent, they have a natural curiosity and appetite to explore. Toddler Sense gently introduces toddlers to equipment and activities that are suitable for their age and stage of development.
Adventurers: Early adventures are an important part of a child’s journey of discovery, helping them to learn about themselves and the world around them. Toddler Sense offers a whole new world of adventure and challenge that lead learning and development forwards, and motivate children to try out new skills.
Rangers (subject to availability): The preschool years are a magical time of learning and development. Children become more imaginative and independent as they broaden their skills through play, fantasy, and exploration. They also become more sociable as they engage, participate and cooperate with their peers and with other people.
Class Leaders undergo rigorous training to deliver a high-quality service and to value each child as a unique individual.
What we will be doing:
The session is divided into balanced phases - regular structure being important to young children as it helps to prepare them for school.
- Exploratory Play Time: a great way of settling the children, letting them burn off energy and encouraging catch-up time between mums and dads.
- Mat Time: Toddlers like the familiarity of our 'How Do You Do? Song, which is followed by 20-30 minutes of activities and music, rhythm sticks, parachutes, giant air balls and action songs.
- Time for Adventure: We're off, entering a place rich in sensory stimulation and wonder. Each week you will find yourself transported to whole new worlds, and no two sessions are ever the same. Finally, it's back to the mats for our 'Say Goodbye' song.
- Toddlers learn best when given the freedom to explore things for themselves. Each week is themed with specific activities that create a range of exciting adventures.
- Every week we produce a vast array of exciting, stimulating materials and equipment, many of them unique to the Toddler Sense programme.
- Classes include a wealth of soft play equipment, inflatable fun, gym equipment and lots more. The set-up is different each week. You need to see it to believe it!
- Toddler Sense was founded by Dr. Lin Day, who is also the creator and founder of multi-award winning Baby Sensory. Dr Lin Day is a renowned expert and published author within the fields of sensory and childhood development.
Additional Programme Benefits:
Toddler Sense brings together sensory play, movement, and a repertoire of exciting, upbeat classical and cultural music as well as jazz, pop, rock, rhythmic sounds, and dance from different world cultures. All of the senses will be stimulated by the carnival-style activities such as the Conga crocodile, colourful ribbons, pom-poms and scarves, parachutes, bubbles plus lots more! Can you imagine climbing a snow mountain, going on safari, walking the pirate plank, taming a fiery dragon, or catching a shooting star? Children with sensory impairments will naturally respond to the light shows, the adventure tunnels, and the specially designed soft play equipment.
When toddlers or children join Toddler Sense, the only requirement is for them is to bring their natural enthusiasm and energy, and get ready to have a great time!
Everyone loves Toddler Sense, including the Class Leaders. Here's what Amanda Bellamy has to say about the programme:
"I first learnt about Baby Sensory when I took my son, Marley to classes in Kings Lynn (Norfolk). As soon I heard that a position was opening up in my local area, I knew it was the job for me. (I'd previously worked in HR and for the probation service).Now two years later, I'm so glad I made the decision. I just love the quality and beauty of the programme - the fact that everything is so well thought through and presented and that you'll never experience the same session twice. I also love the enthusiasm and loyalty shown by all my parents and their children, and it's made me so much more confident as a person.Of course the hours can be long - the admin, rehearsing, sorting out kit, the cleaning time - but I am so proud of the incredible value for money and enjoyment we provide. There's really nothing I would change about what I do. It's so great hearing the feedback you get from parents - how their children love doing the activities at home, how it's the highlight of their week, As long as my classes continue to make everyone happy and run well, that's really enough for me."
What people say about us:
"Toddler Sense definitely has the Wow factor! The moment we stepped through the door we were amazed by the bright and colourful equipment. From bouncy castles, to balancing beams, it was so impressive. Charlie was in heaven often exploring straight away- and I couldn't quite believe that this was our local village hall".Jemima Webb
"I cannot recommend these classes enough, they are fantastic!! My little girl has enjoyed every minute of them. Katie, the class leader, is fabulous and does an excellent job of keeping the kids entertained and interested. Every session is different and it's never repetitive. In my opinion, it's one of the best toddler/baby classes available".Leanne Nightingale
"My first Toddler Sense session was a couple of years ago, with my eldest daughter. I watched her grow in confidence every week and I really liked that the classes were helping to satisfy her inquisitive nature by continually providing numerous types of sensory equipment, alongside lots of different themes. I now take my youngest daughter to Toddler Sense, she also enjoys the sessions. The classes are a perfect opportunity for me to focus on my daughter. There is also the added bonus that I am almost certainly guaranteed an afternoon nap from my little one, on the day that Toddler Sense runs!"Andrea Odell